What are the benefits of 3CX?
What are the Benefits of 3cx VoIP System? 3cx is a VoIP (VoIP) platform that’s taken the business world by storm. It is capable of replacing any old school telephone system (ISDN for example) and has a feature set to rival any Business Telephone Platform anywhere in the world. Even in today’s digital era, every business still needs to make and receive telephone calls. More than 60% of people still prefer to contact a business via telephone rather than any other method.
Digital Exchange (now incorporated into ESP) took the decision a couple of years ago now, to utilise 3cx as our primary business telephone system solution. This decision was taken due to the flexibility that 3cx offers. It’s a great telephone system whether you have 2 or 3 handsets, or 200 or 300 handsets! We have customers using it in those ranges and beyond.
3cx can be hosted in all different ways, on your own server or in the cloud, so it really does suit any environment.
What are the business benefits of 3cx?
- Low Cost versus traditional systems. Because the system uses the internet to communicate to the outside world, there are no expensive ISDN charges to deal with. The hardware required upfront is also substantially lower in cost than traditional systems.
- If you are using 3cx in the cloud, the system can scale to an almost unlimited number of seats (or handsets). Licensing costs will increase, but there should be no major outlay in cost required if your business grows.
- 3cx is able to be integrated into many different software systems, so you can automatically dial your customers from major systems such as Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Other CRMs are supported too.
- Handset options. 3cx can support traditional desk based telephones but can also support Mobile Phone access (take your calls with you on the move) and even PC/Laptop/Tablet access to allow you to connect a headset or speakers and a microphone. This gives a high-level of flexibility.
- Additional communication options. 3cx can connect to your website and Facebook to allow your customers to contact you directly from those platforms and still receive excellent service.
- Flexible Call Partners. 3cx can be used with all major telephone line providers using SIP trunks (the replacement for ISDN lines in the internet age), meaning you are not limited to paying for calls from one particular provider – you can choose the best value provider.
- Free calls between offices & locations. Users that have separate bases (or are working from home) can still be connected to the same system and the calls between those users are free.
- Peace of mind. Managers can be safe in the knowledge that they can get reports easily from the system that tell them how the business is performing – how many calls have you received and did they all get answered for example.
- Low training costs. The system is simple to use and there is very little training required for your staff.
What are the features and functions of 3cx?
3cx has hundreds of features and functions that will be of interest to all businesses. Some of those functions are set out below.
- Auto attendant and Intelligent Call Routing
- Call Recording
- Call logging and reporting
- Voicemail (including voicemails sent via email for you to listen)
- Mobile application to take calls on the move.
- Thousands of compatible handsets.
- Compatible with gates and intercom systems.
- Conference calling.
- Video conferencing
- SMS sending and receiving.
- Call barring.
- Call queues and hunt groups
- Backup and disaster recovery options
- Wallboards and reporting
- Listen in to calls (for managers)
If you are thinking of implementing 3cx, you need to begin to think about what your requirements are as a business. Think about answering these questions:
- How many people are in your team?
- Will you need to pay for support of the system by a professional company? Or do you have the skills in house?
- What existing computer systems do you have, such as CRM systems?
- What telephone provider would you like to use? (existing or new)
- Where will you host your 3cx? On your own server or in the cloud?
- How many concurrent calls will you need to hold? (how many lines will you require so that the right number of staff can be on a call at any given moment).
- Do you want to use traditional desk phones, video phones or mobile applications?
Engage with your team. What are the Benefits of 3cx VoIP System?
As part of your planning, you should also get the opinions of your entire team. What features do they need available to them in order to do their job? Don’t presume that the features you think cover everything actually do. There’s a high chance that different departments within your organisation do still use functions that you didn’t think anyone cared about any more. You will need to know what features people use, in order to engage your technical team (internal or external) to configure the system appropriately.
Summary – What are the Benefits of 3cx VoIP System?
In conclusion, 3cx is an amazing platform and can be configured to fit in with almost any business requirement. Try to think through what features and benefits you need within your organisation as you go through the fact-finding mission. Once you’ve got the information, make sure you supply it to the technical team! If you need assistance or consultancy to help you to plan out your 3cx implementation, feel free to drop us a line via the contact page here or call us on 01142203000. Digital Exchange have been installing and configuring telephone systems for businesses in Sheffield and across the UK for over 20 years. Talk to our experts about how we might be able to help you.