Spamming is the distribution of unsolicited (predominantly advertising) messages to a group of recipients or contacts that did not agree for the messages to be sent in the first place.
Anti-spam is the use of any software, hardware or process to block spam from entering a system. The anti-spam software uses a set of rules to determine unsolicited and unwanted messages to stop those messages entering a consumer’s inbox.
Most of the Anti-spam solutions available today can be customised to your needs, which then allows only the approved emails into your inbox. Such software always presumes that all the incoming emails are spam, and only allow those, from trusted senders, to come in.
What are the Benefits of Anti-Spam Software?
* Updates and Automatic Filters Most antivirus software comes with an automatic filter update feature for timely detection of new malware threats. Automatic updates not only help the anti-spam software to stay up-to-date, but it also helps secure your system from new kinds of malware.
* Blocking Spam
* Anti-spam solutions can be customised to block incoming emails based on senders, (even if your email address is not in the recipient field), with most being able to search for subject lines and text in the email messages.
* Quarantining Spam Anti-spam filtering automatically separates spam emails, keeping your inbox clean and spam free. Quarantined emails are kept for several days and then automatically discarded. During the quarantine period, you can check and recover any emails that may have been quarantined incorrectly (better to be safe than sorry).
* Monitoring Multiple Accounts Some anti-spam allows you to monitor and filter out spam from multiple accounts. You can filter your home email from work email, and vice versa.
* Your Personal Whitelist Anti-spam software lets you keep a ‘friends’ list (known as a white list) of people. Any emails you wish to accept will then never be mistaken for spam emails. The white list is automatically checked against the blacklist of spammers. You can also keep updating the white list.
* Reporting Spam Anti-spam software allows you to report spam back to the spam software author. It helps that company to develop a new type of filters based on the reported spam.
Emails have become a rapid way of advertising, promotions and scams, therefore, filtering your emails is a necessity especially when it comes to potential fraudulent activity. To learn all about the most common fraudster tactics, and how to best protect yourself and your business click HERE.
We install and manage a range of security, backup and disaster recovery solutions to project your business. These include:
* Firewall & Intrusion Prevention
* Robust backup and recovery
* Data encryption
* Managed antivirus and antispam
Contact us HERE anytime to discuss requirements, or to arrange a free of charge analysis of how secure your systems actually are.